The Step 1 program, in its 21st year, is a safe, highly structured, clean and sober living environment for adult men in need of substance abuse and re-entry services.
To bring forth positive change by focusing first on basic needs of the individual with accompanying addictive thinking and behaviors, eventual restoration of the individual becomes possible.
Step 1 Staff provide structure, support, and counseling during a typical 90-180 day length of stay. All potential clients are carefully screened prior to admission to assess motivation, individual need and a desire to change, thus ensuring the highest probability of the client’s positive outcome. Results-The program is specifically designed to provide the residents with the tools and strategies necessary to accomplish long term success in areas such as:
1. Abstinence from alcohol and drugs;
2. Restoring physical/mental/emotional health;
3. Repairing parental and family relationships;
4. Teaching personal and financial responsibility;
5. Re-entry into the community in stable permanent housing;
6. Reciprocity-Giving back to the community we all live in.
Changing the Problem
Finally, the Step 1 program can and does change the problem of addiction and crime in our community by facilitating change in one individual, one parent and one citizen at a time.